Two servings of vegetables, one serving of legumes and 1 serving of whole grains packed into one meal! The ginger and turmeric are warming spices, perfect to help you swing into fall!
Time: 45 minutes
What you need:
- 1 cup brown rice, dry
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ¼ inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 15 oz can of lentils, rinsed and drained
What you do:
- Heat vegetable broth in medium pot and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, add brown rice and sea salt, cover and reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 45-minutes. Once complete, open pot and fluff rice with a fork. Set aside.
- While the rice is boiling heat coconut oil over medium high heat in large skillet, add ginger and stir-fry for about 1-2 minutes. Add cauliflower, zucchini and turmeric and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lentils and stir until lentils are warmed thoroughly
- Serve over brown rice